Mateo, coffee, origami, and the Spurs

I guess Mateo is truly meant to be a Spurs fan. 😊

I am loving our coffee shop adventures

The other day, Mateo and I had another coffee shop adventure after his appointment with his derma-pedia (he still has egg allergy huhu). I finally got to bring him to one of my favorite coffee places despite it being so pricey - The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. I was so hungry, I was not sure where the Kopitiam was located, and it was lunch time so I would probably just stress over the crowd. Food and good mood outweigh being frugal and financially responsible.

Our lunch: water for him, coffee for me.

Mateo showed good toddler manners while we were having lunch, but was getting bored and cranky as I was finishing my coffee. Go home or coffee? Of course, coffee! It was expensive and it was a good coffee. What to do, then?

He was entertained with our little games and "chat," but was already getting irritated when he suddenly found the receipt. I then remembered paper cranes and planes, and I got excited. I think he would really like the paper crane, but I forgot how to do it. I have also forgotten how to do the paper plane but that was easier to figure out, even if it turned out to be a disfigured plane.

Paper planes and boat

So there I was trying to show Mateo that the paper toy was supposed to be a plane that flies to him. Mateo, meanwhile found joy in throwing the paper plane for me to pick up. When I remembered to make a paper boat, he then decided to eat it. His tummy welcomed another tiny piece of paper. Yum. It was a good time for both of us that origami became the first in my new list of restaurant (or cafe) activities for toddlers.


So what's this Spurs thing about? Just the origami stuff. I never imagined I would relate this to the Spurs, but here it is:


As an additional note, as a I was watching the Kawhi highlights from that SAS-GSW game, Mateo snatched my phone from me to watch it himself. I guess he was saying, "That's Spurs, mommy. I must watch it." Or he was simply trying to grab my attention. 😊


Yeah, Spurs fan at a young age. #GoSpursGo

No comments