Embracing surprises and blessings

Over four months ago, I committed to finally do my dissertation. I was excited about it. I had a routine, schedule and a number of articles to read. Then after a few weeks and a decent amount of progress, I got lazy and felt tired. Time to make an excuse – it was pregnancy hormones kicking in. My world got even more exciting!

It was crazy timing. Seriously committing to do that research felt good and right, and I finally had a better direction in terms of my career. Then I learned that I was pregnant. It was a sudden shift of priorities.

This plot twist to my life has made my pregnancy more special. I still want that "Ph.D." but my baby is certainly more precious to me, and they are not even near each other in terms of importance. I knew I would not be able to do proper research even before I was advised by my doctor not to think about it for now. I would gladly give up that three-letter dream just to be a mommy, anyway. Simply writing about it makes me smile. :)

My getting pregnant is simply amazing. My doctors in the Philippines advised me against pregnancy, so we tried to avoid it. Yet, here I am now 23 weeks pregnant and expecting a baby boy come 3rd August. He is truly a blessing from God, a precious gift I did not expect.

Aside from first trimester laziness, my pregnancy has been a smooth journey. I did not have crazy food cravings, scary incidents, or special restrictions to my diet and activities. There are discomforts, but so far I could handle them. My doctor here has been very positive about my condition. My baby is growing well. My husband is very supportive and caring. I am one happy mommy-to-be. When He gives, He truly gives.

Embracing God's love brings us joy we do not expect. I thought last year's chat with a friend was His reminder for me to take charge of my life. It felt like great timing. However, God has greater plans. I ought to be a mommy now. I think this is a perfect time – I am calm and at peace with my health (and I'm turning 31 soon). God's timing is perfect. His greatness indeed knows no limits! I really should face my life with a faithful heart. I guess that is a better reminder for all of us.

No comments